Sunday, July 17, 2011

Why do I feel fat, even though I'm not?

society, tv commercials all have us convinced that there is something wrong with our bodies - that is how they make money. If you were happy with your body image, you wouldn't need their products.. so we are conditioned to find fault with our bodies. This is just a state of mind.. I can tell you from personal experience - I was overweight and disliked my body. I thought that if I lost 20 lbs I would be happy with my body. I lost 20 lbs, and guess what? Now, there are other things I don't like. Before, it was that I was too fat.. now, I don't like my hips.. you see what I am saying? If you have the attitude that you will not like your body, then you can do whatever and you will never like your body - you will just find fault with something else.. the way to get over this is 1) realize that we are conditioned not to be pleased with our bodies 2) decide that you will love yourself no matter what. Size should never determine your happiness. Even if you gain 200 lbs, or lose a leg, if you have decided to love yourself, you will still be happy, no matter what, and that is a much better way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment